In previous articles i said that Linux Mint is an excellent, superior GNU/Linux Distro, in whatever available released version. Two years ago i wrote a user Guide for LMDE, that you can see here.
Two months ago the new LMDE was released, so i'm here to show you my experience with it. In this brief review i will say about system installation, apps installation, updating the system, and so on. Moreover i show you what i had made in a month with Linux Mint Debian Edition, that people call simply LMDE.
Good reading :-)
- Name: Linux Mint Debian Edition
- Version: 3/2013
- Type: live/installable
- Orientation: Desktop
- Architecture: x86-64
- Based on: Debian GNU/Linux Testing
- Desktop environment: MATE
- Kernel: 3.2.32-1 x86_64
- Minimal system requirement: CPU 64 Bit, 512 MB of RAM (recommended 1024), graphic card able to support at least a 800x600 screen resolution, USB port, DVD driver
- Release Cycle: Semi-Rolling Release
- Update Method: APT, Synaptic Package Manager